Thursday, July 2, 2009

SPACE PLANNING


By the way, im cannot remember if I did mentioned this.
somewhere last month, I did appointed a Interior designer to design our house.

As much as I wish to DIY, I think it would still be best to leave it to the
professional. After flipping through tons of dec magazine, I surrender.

I didnt know what exactly we wanted and how to achieve the 'look' we desired.
The message I put across was simply " We want it to be nice, posh and cosy"
Criteria #1 - Dark wood laminate (the darkest possible)
Criteria #2-Kitchen to have black floor tiles, glittery if possible
Criteria #3 - Full white kitchen cabinets
Criteria #4 - Please do not turn my house into rainbow colour
I dont care what you do.. but please stay within the budget and try not to stray

Both ID (they work in team of 2) nodded and smile..

assure they get it done my way!
Still when i said this, i was worried.. does the ID(s) really get my message?!

1 week later i rec'd an email with my space planning
Infact, that is the fourth layout they have give me in that 1 week.
Im impressed, they are really professional.
They make sure we felt comfortable with the layout
hence given us alot of choices and suggestions




We decided to go for Layout #2 but living room to follow Layout #1

So that we can make the living room look bigger.

P/s: doesnt the layout done by the profession really make a huge difference?

Hehe, the one i did earlier look so kiddish!!

Upon confirmation, 2weeks are required to produce the 3D persepective drawings

To be frank, I was looking forwarded to the drawings yet feeling scare

I cannot visualise how my house will look like with a meagre budget of $27K.

I was scare, after seeing the shitty drawings Peng's ID produce.

I wonder how mine will look like.....

2 comments:

Orange said...

Hi,

found your blog, the space plan is very nice. May i know which company u engage and how much is thier charges? i had a tight budget.. tried to DIY myself but really don't know where and how to budget with :s

CHAR said...

Hi orange,

Thanks for visiting.

My id are from I-bridge rhiss.
I have posted my 3D drawings on another post, not sure if you have seen it. Not much changes done just that I opt not to have false ceiling and fancy lighitings etc.

Final Quote that I have signed was $30k excluding electrical works.