Friday, April 17, 2009

I HAVE KIDNAPPED YOUR.........

Recently there is a rise in number of kidnapping case..in singapore
its one of the new phone scam

many months back, when i was in the hair salon
I heard of the customer relating her story

it usually happen in the early morning or late afternoon
I shall named this customer as 'A' and the caller as C

9am on a weekday, A rec'd a call on her office number

A: Hello
C: Listen carefully, I have kidnapped your son.
if you want him back alive.... do not make police report or tell anyone
give me money and he will be safe... IF NOT you prepare to have his dead body
A: hmm okay... so how much u want?
C: Prepare $30k in cash and i will arrange to have the money collected
A: HUH!!!!! $30k so little you also want ar??
C: huh??
A: Hey.. how about this??
C: what!
A: You go ahead and killed him ok. Once i get the insurance compensation
I share half with you... confirmed more than $30K
C: What! why you want me to killed your son?
A: Aiyah... this boy is so naughty, always make me angry. I regretted
giving birth to him. You killed him, we both get money... why not?
I got buy insurance. at least per share is $50K. But you must wait for
insurance payout.
C: Huh.. *stunned*
A: Come'on ley.. or you want 60%?? you need to do two case then can
get this amount of sum. Want or Dont want?? Cuz I confirm wont pay
you the ransom... you lose out if you dont kill him!
C: *stunned* Line got cut off!

Hahaha, i was laughing mad when i heard the story, cuz A do not have any
kids let alone a son!
She knew they are scammers so she actually play along.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning, my mom-in-law (MIL) recieved a similar call early in JB.
Caller is chinese speaking.

same thing, as above claim have kidnapped my brother-in-law.
My MIL heard cryings behind but it doesnt sound like my bro-in-law
as the crying sound like from a young kid. Fyi, my bro-in-law is a grown
up of 26 years old. So MIL is infact suspicious she has a got a scam call.

Next the caller went on to ask for RM$20K and ask for her mobile
numberbank account and balance and even rejected her when she
request to speak to the victim. Lucky she was smart enough to provide
false information and told the caller she cannot remember her mobile
number, need to check her phone and its upstairs
Caller give her 2 mins to check and come back.

This give her ample time to call my bro-in-law. Lucky she manage to
catch of him, he is having his breakfast at a coffeeshop. At this point,
MIL then hang up the call anddetached the residential line.
Caller wont able to call her back, and my dad-in-law
actually came back to bring her to make a police report.

------------------------------------------------------------
Haha.. i even have singles friends receiving such calls. So i guess pretty
much these scammers are calling randomly, trying their luck for a victim.

No comments: