Sunday, April 19, 2009

SECRET RECIPE

Dinner tonight was at Secret Recipe.
Im sooo in loved with their cake to the extend
I apply for a Secret Recipe Diners card for that

The dinner menu on the the other hand was not so fantastic
except for their Tom Yum Soup.. its superb!

But its out for me, cuz i didnt want to end up having gastric
pain and cant work on monday.

So we ordered the following.
Can say it good or bad..
Its just hmmm... so so only


My chicken chop was not served piping hot.. which i wonder why
Herb & spices rice taste very bland without fragrance of herbs
Chicken with mushroom sauce on the other hand tasted really salty(for me)
maybe that why both should be eaten together huh..

As for Emma's Pan grilled fillet.
I dont like it that much...
cause i can smell the 'fishy smell' when its served


Together with the lobster sauce
sounds special but taste nothing special at all

Actually we have tried the other items on the menu before
which are actually not bad, better than the dishes today.
(click on the menu link to see their complete menu & prices)

Another 1 thing to take note thou
Secret recipe do charge $$ for Ice water.
See the menu below, but hor
doesnt it states $0.50 per bottle (can fill 2 glasses)?
Now we are being charged on per glass(small) basis!!

Last... its the highlight of the dinner.
My fave cake of all time... its a timeless classic

'Heavenly' is the word!


The cake is freaking BIG for $5.20
and its big enough to be share by 2 or 3 pax.
See I have to show you the anatomy of the cake
to prove how nice it is!!

Actually the reason why we ended up at Secret Recipe for dinner tonight
was because of my craving for the white choc macadamia cake.

After this dinner, I just feel that overall I think the food and cakes
still taste better from the cafe in Malaysia!
The one in Sg or maybe this particular outlet just
didnt performed it best!
Emma felt the same.

Oh and we usually patronised the Secret Recipe in Malaysia
as their cakes are the same price but in Ringgit
So for the same BIG piece of cake, its RM$5.20
and the diners card gets another 10% off.. GREAT DEAL!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict on Secret Recipe @ Tampines 1
Food: ***/*****
(as i said food/cakes not up to the usual standard)
Service: **/*****
(service damn poor, 2* is infact alittle over-rated)
I would say its service is unprofessional according to my standard

2 comments:

corneliusllw said...

I know there is another cake shop which is much cheaper and taste better. Cant recall the name thou, Lol! Sorry

CHAR said...

Hey cake shop in KL?? You are in KL right??

Find for me ley.. I will be in KL early May!! I wan to go chiong cake shops!!